Tattoo and Body Art
Tattoo and Body Art, Permanent Cosmetics, Body Piercing, and Branding
This page contains information regarding consultation with tattoo, permanent cosmetic, body piercing and branding artists regarding establishments, training, testing, inspections, inquiries, complaints, product reviews, development/revisions of requirements and plan reviews. The information is in compliance with the National Environmental Health Association, Center for Disease Control and FDA requirements as well as industry organization recommendations such as the Alliance for Professional Tattooist and the Association of Professional Piercers. The Arkansas Department of Health also works with the State Board of Private Career Education on the development of requirements for training and plan reviews of new or renovation of existing establishments.
Body art exams for artists in training are administered at the Arkansas Department of Health Central Office, 4815 West Markham Street, Little Rock AR. The exams are given the third Tuesday of each month at 2:00 PM. No exams are given in December. An appointment for the exam is required and must be scheduled by the artist trainer. Exams must be scheduled by 12:00 p.m. on the Friday before the exam.
Rules and Regulations
- Current Body Art Establishments
- Medical Waste Transporters
- Blood Borne Pathogen Online Courses
Licensing, Permits and Plan Reviews
- Online Renewals
- Body Art Fee Schedule
- Body Art Written Test Dates
- Body Artist License Application Form
- Specific Requirements for Body Art Licensure
- New Body Art Artist Training Packet
- Complete Renewal Packet
- Qualifications Review for Out-of- State Artists Transfer Packet
- Qualification Review for In-State Artists Reinstatement Packet
- Convention Application – Temporary Demonstration License
- Current Body Art Laws
- Current Body Art Training Schools
- Plan Review Application and Information
**Please provide contact information in your email response to our Office.
4815 W. Markham Street – Slot 46