Emergency Medical Services
The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) is committed to the health of all Arkansans. As such, ADH fosters and encourages the development of quality pre-hospital emergency medical services for the citizens of the state. The EMS program:
- Serves as a regulatory, licensure, and enforcement agency for Emergency Medical Services in the State of Arkansas.
- Licenses and inspects ambulance services for proper equipment, drug control, medical direction and protocols.
- Licenses and inspects EMS training sites for proper equipment, protocols, and staffing.
- Licenses all Emergency Medical Services Personnel (EMSP) in Arkansas.
- Licenses and inspects EMS training sites, reviews curriculum materials and course outlines for continuing education units.
- Tests Emergency Medical Service Providers' skills and knowledge using the Arkansas/National Registry written and practical skills examination.
- Investigates complaints concerning pre-hospital emergency care.
- Provides technical assistance to hospitals, emergency medical service providers, local governments and others interested in emergency care.
- Works with the Injury Prevention Branch to coordinate updated trauma training for all EMS providers.
- Collects and enforces EMS data reporting requirements and participates in NEMSIS.
Please be aware that applications to the ADH EMS section can be completed here.
|EMS Advisory Council||Air Sub-Committee||Training Committee||EMSC Committee|
|Contact||Contact||Contact||Contact: Charles Wooley, Committee Chair|
|Meeting Dates||Meeting Dates||Meeting Dates||Meeting Dates|
|Emergency Medical Services||
Freeway Medical Tower
EMS Data Manager:
EMS for Children (EMSC) Coordinator:
To reach an EMS Specialist for licensure or service questions, please call the main line at (501) 661-2262.