WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)
Welcome to Arkansas WIC! We are here to help you and your family get healthy food, breastfeeding support, and information on healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.
Are you eligible? Click here for a pre-screening tool.
- Supplemental foods high in nutrients needed for growth and development.
- Nutrition education to improve diet and health habits.
- Information, support, and encouragement for breastfeeding.
- Referrals for other health services.
Information about WIC can be obtained from any local county health unit between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Tuesdays, the hours are 9:30am until 6:00pm.
Who is Eligible and How to Apply
Who is Eligible?
Pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children under age five are eligible for WIC if they:
- Meet Income Guidelines - WIC income guidelines are set at 185% of poverty and are revised each year. Applicant must provide proof of income. Examples are: current check stubs, W-2 forms, most current income tax return, proof of eligibility for Medicaid (including ARKids), TEA, SNAP (food stamps).
- Have a Nutritional Need - At your first appointment, you will meet with WIC staff who will help you identify your nutrition goals.
- Live in Arkansas - Applicants must provide proof of residency. Examples of proof of residency can be a current utility, cable or phone bill, a current mortgage or rent receipt, proof of Arkansas Medicaid, TEA or SNAP (food stamps).
How to apply
WIC is available at all Local Health Units in Arkansas, satellite clinics and four WIC-only Clinics. You can apply for and receive WIC in any county in Arkansas. You must call to make an appointment. At your appointment, WIC staff will check to see if you are eligible.
What do I bring to a WIC appointment?
- ID for yourself and each child
- Proof you are an Arkansas resident
- Proof of income
- Bring any children you are applying for
Language Interpreter Services and Other Service Accommodations
Do you need language interpreter services or other service accommodations? Please let WIC staff know what type of service you need.
State Plan of Operations
For a copy of the annual Arkansas WIC state plan of operations or to send comments, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online here, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
- Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
- Email: email@example.com
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
5800 W. 10th Street, Suite 300
Little Rock, Arkansas 72204-1703