Rural Health Resources & News
- For employment opportunities in a HPSA or medically underserved area, click here.
- Rural Health Information Hub.
- Arkansas Department of Health, Office of Rural Health and Primary Care, Primary Care Needs Assessment
- Retired Physician Immunity Act Application
- Volunteer Licensed Health Care Professional Immunity Act Application
The Student Exposure to Health Care Experiences and Careers Resource Guide is the joint effort of members of health and education sectors who first came together at the 2018 Rural Health Summit at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute. The guide includes information and contacts for educational programs operating throughout Arkansas that provide health care-related experiences and career exposure for students of all ages.
- Critical Access Hospitals 2019
- Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) and Medically Underserved Areas / Populations (MUA/P)
- Mental Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Medically Underserved Areas (MUA) Map
- Dental Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Primary Care Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Food Insecurity Map
- Uninsured Rates Map
Informative Presentations from the 2019 Annual Rural Health Conference:
- A CBS Sunday Morning Interview with your Keynote Speaker (9:18), Benjamin Anderson, MBA, MHCDS
- What Happened-Innovation in EMS by Gerald Cantrell, RN
- Be Well Program by Joy Gray
- Faith and Recovery by Monty Burks, PhD
- Tennessee Faith Based Initiative by Monty Burks, PhD
- 3Rnet, Rural Recruitment and Retention by Naomi Sweeney, MS
- Improving Immunization Rates by Rachel Cox, RN CMHP
- MBQIP: Quality Improvement and the Changing Landscape of Quality Reporting by Sarah Brinkman, MBA, MA, CHPQ
- AR CAH_ABCs of ASPs for CAHs by Sarah Brinkman, MBA, MA, CHPQ
- Critical Access Hospitals: Tying Quality to Strategy by Tiffany Holland, MBA, BSN, RN, CNML
Rural Health Clinic Network Meeting
- AR RHC Survey
- Arkansas RHC
- POND Overview for Arkansas
- Rural Provider Medicare Updates 2018 Recovered
- TCT Arkansas PCMH Talk
Rural Health News
- Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI) provides analysis and information on the challenges, needs and opportunities facing rural America National Rural Health Association.
- The National Rural Health Association (NRHA) is the voice of rural health, promoting leadership, communication, education, research, and advocacy since 1978. Some of the latest information available through NRHA include:
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care - a nonprofit corporation dedicated to the clinical evaluation and improvement of health care in Arkansas.
- National Academy of Medicine - The National Academy of Medicine (NAM) was established in 1970 under the name Institute of Medicine (IOM). In 1996, the NAM launched a concerted, ongoing effort focused on assessing and improving the nation's quality of care, which is now in its third phase.
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement - non- for-profit organization leading the improvement of health care throughout the world. IHI was founded in 1991 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations - recently announced the new National Patient Safety Goals.
- The Commonwealth Fund - a private foundation that aims to promote a high performing health care system that achieves better access, improved quality, and greater efficiency, particularly for society's most vulnerable, including low-income people, the uninsured, minority Americans, young children, and elderly adults.
Resources for Health Technology Assessment
- AHRQ National Resource Center for Health Information Technology - (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) Lead Federal agency charged with improving the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. AHRQ supports health services research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decision making. Site provides Information on programs that promote the use of health information technology. Central repository for research findings from projects developing, testing, and using health IT applications.
- DHHS Health iT Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) - Health information technology (Health IT) allows comprehensive management of medical information and its secure exchange between health care consumers and providers.
- HRSA Health Information Technology - Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Health Information Technology site promotes the widespread availability and use of digital networks to improve access to health care services for people who are uninsured, isolated or medically vulnerable.