Rural Health & Primary Care
The Arkansas Department of Health, through its Rural Health & Primary Care program, promotes the development of community-based health care services and systems throughout Arkansas to ensure that well managed, quality health services are available to all citizens.
Efforts are directed in several areas such as community-based needs assessment, technical assistance for the development of primary care sites, recruitment and retention of primary care manpower, and health professional shortage area (HPSA)/medically underserved area (MUA) designations.
- Providing consultation and technical assistance to rural communities for the purpose of developing viable health care services in their communities.
- Administering state grant programs designed to assist rural communities in maintaining local health care. For more information click here.
- Assisting rural and underserved areas to recruit and retain health professionals by making connections between employers and potential employees interested in serving in a HPSA/MUA. For more information on available jobs, or to post your available job, click here.
- Outreach to local scholars and medical professionals to inform them of scholarship and loan repayment benefits they may qualify for, in exchange for their service in a HPSA/MUA. For more information click here.
- Providing technical assistance and training opportunities to rural hospitals that have converted to Critical Access Hospital status.
- Coordination and collaboration of federal, state and other efforts focused on access to health care for rural communities around the state.
- Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) and Medically Underserved Areas / Populations (MUA/P)
- Critical Access Hospital Map 2019
- Mental Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Medically Underserved Areas (MUA) Map
- Dental Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Primary Care Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) Map
- Food Insecurity Map
- Uninsured Rates Map
|Rural Health & Primary Care||
4815 W. Markham St., Slot 22