Vaccines for Children Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Immunization Education and Training:
- CE’s available. Vaccine preventable disease modules and basic immunization practices (follows along with the Pink Book) Vaccine storage and handling-Explore storage and handling videos, toolkits, and fact sheets to ensure your practice is storing and handling vaccines in accordance with ACIP recommendations. Information on the VFC Program
CDC’s Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases:
- Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (Pink Book) The Pink Book offers the most comprehensive information on vaccine-preventable diseases and recommendations for vaccine use.
CDC’s Immunization Education and Training Encounter Course:
- The Immunization Encounter: Critical Issues: This online course addresses issues related to a routine immunization clinic encounter, vaccine administration, vaccine management and documentation, vaccine adverse event management and reporting, and resources for staff orientation and development.
CDC’s Immunization Education and Training HPV Cancer Prevention:
- This presentation provides up-to-date information on HPV infection/disease, HPV vaccine, and ways to successfully communicate with patients and their parents about HPV vaccination.
CDC’s Preteen and Teen Vaccines for Health Care Professionals/Clinicians:
- Information about adolescent vaccines: You will find fact sheets on specific adolescent vaccines, a video on how to increase vaccination coverage in your practice, and trainings.
CDC’s Talking to Parents About HPV Vaccine:
- HPV vaccine resources: To help improve HPV vaccination coverage rates, CDC has compiled ready-to-use tools and resources for your practice to successfully communicate with parents about HPV vaccination.
- Influenza resources: CDC offers a wealth of influenza vaccination information and resources at for patients, parents, and healthcare professionals.
- Pertussis vaccines are recommended for people of all ages. CDC has a variety of pertussis vaccination resources available.
CDC’s Preteen and Teen Vaccines:
- Adolescent vaccines (parents): This web page provides your patients’ parents information on why it is important to vaccinate