Most people who are suicidal give some warning signs indicating they are in crisis. To learn more about these warning signs CLICK HERE. Identifying these warning signs is the first step in getting them the help they need.
The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) has been designated by the Arkansas General Assembly as the state agency in charge of suicide prevention efforts in Arkansas. For more information on suicide prevention educational programs promoted/implemented by the Arkansas Department of Health, Click here for more information.
ADH offers a variety of suicide prevention trainings available to the public. If interested, or if you would like more information, please call 501-671-1612.
Arkansas Lifeline Call Center
The Arkansas Department of Health operates the Arkansas Lifeline Call Center, which is a part of the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. The line is answered in-state from area codes 501, 870, & 479 to better serve Arkansans with resources in their community 24/7. If you or someone you know needs help, please call the Arkansas Lifeline Center at 988. For veterans, dial 988 then Press 1 or CLICK HERE. You can also click here.
- Suicide Prevention Programs Promoted by ADH
- Helpful Sites
- AR Community Mental Health Center Directory
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) Arkansas Chapter
- North Central Arkansas Veteran's Resource
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- The Trevor Project
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- Camp Alliance, Inc.
- Make the Connection: Veteran's Support Resource
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Best Practices and Recommendations for Reporting on Suicide
- Suicide Prevention
Suicide Prevention Toolkit:
- Zero suicide toolkit for Medical & Behavioral Healthcare Settings
- Model School Policy on Suicide Prevention
- After A Suicide Toolkit
- Suicide Safety Planning Guide
- Suicide Safety Planning Template
- Funeral Director's Guide to Supporting Suicide Survivors
|Substance Misuse & Injury Prevention||4815 West Markham Street, Slot 10
Little Rock, AR 72205