To provide leadership in improving health outcomes by advocating for health equity for at-risk populations as defined by race or ethnicity, age, education, disability, gender, geographical location, income, and sexual orientation.
The Arkansas Department of Health and Office of Minority Health & Health Disparities envisions a state in which health disparities are eliminated, thereby better ensuring optimal health for all Arkansans.
Specifically, the OMHHD:
- Provides technical assistance, referrals, and resources pertaining to the needs of minority populations to all ADH Centers.
- Promotes awareness of health issues related to unequal treatment and social determinants of health in Arkansas with internal and external partners.
- Collaborates with the ADH, AMHC, ACHI, and UAMS to improve state health data collection, use, and dissemination strategies.
- Serves as a link to the federal OMH and state data resource regarding minority health and health disparities in Arkansas.
- Educates the public about health disparities to increase awareness and capacity for health promotion and disease prevention in Arkansas.
- Ensures representation of diverse populations in state health planning, program development and awareness initiatives, and leadership positions within the ADH.
- Promotes cultural competency, understanding, and trust among internal and external partners in Arkansas.
- Supports the development and dissemination of information, strategies, and policies which contribute to the improved health outcomes of minority populations in Arkansas.
Health Equity Strike Team Summary Reports
- MMP booster dose #52
- DO's booster dose #53
- Booster dose #54
- D&D booster dose #55
- Cornerstone booster dose #56
- DO's booster dose #57
- D&D's booster dose #58
- DO's booster dose #59
- Cornerstone's booster dose #60
- DD's Moderna Booster #61
- Fort Smith Booster #66
- Jefferson County
Links & Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccination Consent Form | Spanish
- Mocha Cafe Live: COVID-19 Series
- Arkansas Minority Health Commission
- Office of Civil Rights
- US Department of Health & Human Services
- HHS – Office of Minority Health
- Disparities – Healthy People 2020
- National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities
|Health Equity||4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 22
Little Rock, AR 72205