Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board
The purpose of the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board (ADLB) is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public. This is accomplished by providing for the licensing and regulation of persons engaged in the practice of dietetics as established by the Dietetics Practice Act in l989.
The Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board members appointed by the Governor meet regularly to process new and renewal licensure applications. The state of Arkansas currently licenses over 793 dietitians in the state. The licensure year is December 1 through November 30 per the Dietetics Practice Act 392 of 1989.
The Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board was established by Act 392 of 1989 and amended by Acts 786 of 1991 and 250 of 1997. This legislation provides for the definition, examination, and licensing of dietitians. It also defines the duties and powers of the Board.
Board Members & Staff
The Board has comprised of five (5) persons, all of whom are Arkansas Residents, with the following qualifications: three (3) Board members are Licensed Dietitians; two (2) Board members are representatives of the public at large. The members of the Board are appointed by the Governor, with the consent of the Senate, and serve staggered terms of five (5) years each beginning January 15 of odd-numbered years. The dietetic professional members are selected from a list of ten (10) names submitted to the Governor by the Board of Directors of the Arkansas Academy of Dietetics and Nutrition. Each of these Licensed Dietitian Board members has been practicing dietitians for at least five (5) years preceding their appointment.
Functions of the Board
Duties of the Board include the licensure and regulation of individuals qualified to engage in the practice of dietetics and other nutrition care services.
At least two (2) regular meetings of the Board are held each calendar year, and at the first regular meeting every two (2) years, the Board elects a chairperson and vice-chairperson. Special called meetings may be held at the discretion of the chairperson or at the written request of any three (3) members of the Board. All regular meetings of the Board are open to the public. Reasonable notice of all meetings are given in the manner prescribed by the laws of this State.
A quorum of the Board consists of three (3) members. A secretary of the Board is elected by the Board and holds office at the pleasure of the Board.
- Pursuant to Act 392, “Dietetics Practice Act” the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board established the following rules and regulations: Dietetics Practice Act.
- Annual Renewal Application Form (ADLB-2 - Updated 08/14/2019) (Contains ADLB 1, 2, & 3)
- New Application Form (ADLB-2 - Updated 7.30.21)
- Notarized Form (ADLB-3)
- Verification Form (ADLB-4)
- Professional Reference Form (ADLB-5)
- Professional Experience & Internship (ADLB-6)
- Continuing Education Guidelines (ADLB-7)
- Complaint Form (ADLB-8)
The law that established licensure for dietitians in Arkansas also specified that for renewal of that license, every licensed dietitian would yearly complete twelve (12) hours of continuing education(CE). The CE would be approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration or its designee. These Continuing Education Guidelines provide additional information regarding this process.
To request verification of Licensure, please send an email to email@example.com, Fax request to 501-843-0878, or call the Board at 501-580-9294. Verification is not available online.
- Emergency Advisory to Arkansas Licensing Agencies, Boards, and Commissions of an Imposter Scam
- Letter to Health Care Workers
- Guidelines for Fully Vaccinated Persons to Quarantine if Exposed to a Person Known to have COVID-19
- Guidelines for Dietetics Routine Care Reopening
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Arkansas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
|Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board||P.O. Box 1016
North Little Rock, AR 72115