ARSBN - APRN Renewal
This application is for nurses who wish to renew an existing Arkansas APRN license. It is NOT an application for new graduate initial licensure or endorsement of a license from another state.
The information contained herein is designed to assist you with information you need to begin the renewal application process. Read the instruction and provide all required documentation. Additional instructions are located within the online renewal system as you progress through the renewal process
1. APRN Renewal Application
- Application for renewal should be submitted prior to expiration date.
- No application is complete until all required documentation (if applicable) and fees are received.
2. Fee Information
- Click here for current fees.
- The accepted method of payment is with credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
- Verify that the charges are correct before submitting application.
- ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
- License renewal fees must be received prior to the expiration date.
- You will receive a payment receipt by email which should be printed as proof of payment.
3. APRN Licensure Requirements Include:
- Maintenance of National Certification related to your area of certification, and
- Active unencumbered Arkansas RN license OR active unencumbered multistate compact RN license.
- If you have Prescriptive Authority, additional requirements include five (5) hours of pharmacotherapeutics continuing education in your area of APRN certification within the last two (2) years. Note:
a. Two (2) of the five (5) hours must contain information related to maintaining professional boundaries, and the prescribing rules, regulation and laws that apply to APRNs in Arkansas. The link to this MANDATORY course is located on the ASBN website at www.arsbn.org. Click on the Advanced Practice tab and then click the Continuing Education Mandatory button.
b. If it is your first renewal since issuance Prescriptive Authority, you must take an additional 1 credit hour of continuing education related to prescription use and abuse. The link to this MANDATORY course is located on the ASBN website at www.arsbn.org. Click on the Advanced Practice tab and then click the Continuing Education Mandatory button.
Approved Certification Agencies & Exams for APRN Licensure
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) (www.aanpcert.org)
* Adult Nurse Practitioner
* Family Nurse Practitioner
* Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) (www.aacn.org)
* Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Adult-Gerontology (ACNPC-AG)
* Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist-Adult-Gerontology (ACCNS-AG)
* Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist-Pediatric (ACCNS-P)
* Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist-Neonatal (ACCNS-N)
American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) (www.accmidwife.org)
* Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (www.nursecredentialing.org)
* Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP-BC)
* Adult-Gerontology Primacy Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP-BC)
* Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-BC)
* Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (PPCNP-BC)
* Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Across the Lifespan) (PMHNP-BC)
* Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AGCNS-BC)
* Pediatric Clincal Nurse Specialist (PCNS-BC)
National Board on Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) www.nbcrna.com)
* National Certification Exam (CRNA)
National Certification Corporation (NCC) (www.nccwebsite.org)
* Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
* Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner
Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) (www.pncb.org)
* Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Primary Care) (CPNP-PC)
* Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Acute Care) (CPNP-AC)