Arkansas Health Services Permit Agency
The Health Services Permit Agency, with direction from a nine-member Health Services Permit Commission, is responsible for issuing Permits of Approval (POAs) for Nursing Facilities, Residential Care Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, Home Health and Hospice Agencies, Psychiatric Residential Care Facilities and Intermediate Care Facilities for the Intellectually Disabled.
The Commission/Agency mission is to ensure appropriate distribution of health care providers through the regulation of new services, protection of quality care and negotiation of competing interests so that community needs are appropriately met without unnecessary duplication and expense.
- Evaluate the availability and adequacy of health facilities and health services as they relate to long term care facilities, home health agencies and hospice agencies and facilities in Arkansas.
- Designate those areas of the state and specify categories of health services that are underserved or over served, and exempt certain underserved areas or categories of service from the permit of approval process.
- Develop policies and adopt criteria for the review of applications and issuing of permits of approval.
- AHSPA History
- Arkansas Health Services Permit of Approval Rulebook
- Bed Need Book (April 2022)
- Strategic Plan
|Arkansas Health Services Permit Agency||Mosaic Templars State Temple
906 Broadway - Suite 200
Little Rock, AR 72201