Download the Arkansas State Board of Nursing School Nurse Roles & Responsibilities Practice Guidelines here.
Screenings in Schools
- Notice to Parents of need for an Eye and Vision Examination (English)
- Notice to Parents of need for an Eye and Vision Examination (Spanish)
- Vision Screening Training (PowerPoint)
- Vision Screening Summary Form To be used by those schools who do NOT use APSCN
- Hearing Screening Record Sheet
- Hearing Rescreening/Follow-up Record
- Hearing Screening Training August 2012 (PowerPoint)
- Hearing Screening Summary Form To be used by those schools who do not use APSCN
- Scoliosis Screening Training (PowerPoint)
- Scoliosis Screening Summary Form To be used by those schools who do not use APSCN
Height and Weight Measurement (BMI)
- Height and Weight Measurement Training Manual
- Obesity Prevention Education and Training for School Nurses, Part 1 (PowerPoint)
- Obesity Prevention Education and Training for School Nurses, Part 2 (PowerPoint)
School Nurse Survey
Act 935 of 2015 requires all districts to complete and submit the School Nurse Survey. This survey is in two parts. This data will also provide you the information that Act 935 requires you to report to your school board.
- School Nurse Survey Results School Years 2013-2014 and 2014-2015
- Summary Report - Arkansas School Nursing in Public and Charter Schools (School Year 2012-2013)
- Summary Report - Arkansas School Nursing in Public and Charter Schools (School Year 2008-2009)
- Summary Report - Arkansas School Nursing in Public and Charter Schools (School Year 2006-2007)
Special Health Care Needs Module for Special Education
This module is part of the Core Curriculum for Special Education Paraprofessionals. At least one Registered Nurse (RN) from each school district should receive Facilitator Training from the Community Health Nurse Specialist in the Educational Cooperative serving your school district. Once the RN has completed this training, then they are able to provide the Special Health Care Needs training for their district's special education paraprofessionals.
The Paraprofessional Training PowerPoint is to be presented in its entirety. Then the RN will be able to provide student-specific training of the procedures specific to the school's student population.
- Delegated Nursing Skills Training Manual
- Guidelines for providing a Paraprofessional Training
- Paraprofessional Pretest/Posttest
- Roles & Responsibilities School Nurse Practice Guidelines
- Resource Guide Developing School Policies on Children with School Health Care Needs (2007)
- Asthma Basics Online Training – Great for school staff development training.
- Asthma Friendly Schools Initiative toolkit
- Asthma Clinical Research Centers: Major Findings and Studies Underway
- American Lung Association Asthma Friendly Schools Initiative Success Stories
- American Lung Association Asthma Friendly Schools Initiative Brochure
- Open Airways for Schools Training (PowerPoint)
- Open Airways for Schools Brochure