Rural Health Resources
Rural Health News
- Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI) provides analysis and information on the challenges, needs and opportunities facing rural America National Rural Health Association.
- The National Rural Health Association (NRHA) is the voice of rural health, promoting leadership, communication, education, research, and advocacy since 1978. Some of the latest information available through NRHA include:
- Rural Health Fact Sheets - Rural health information guides, tools, brochures, and fact sheets are now available, free of charge, in downloadable format from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' Medicare Learning Network (MLN).
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care - a nonprofit corporation dedicated to the clinical evaluation and improvement of health care in Arkansas.
- National Academy of Medicine - The National Academy of Medicine (NAM) was established in 1970 under the name Institute of Medicine (IOM). In 1996, the NAM launched a concerted, ongoing effort focused on assessing and improving the nation's quality of care, which is now in its third phase.
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement - non- for-profit organization leading the improvement of health care throughout the world. IHI was founded in 1991 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations - recently announced the new National Patient Safety Goals.
- The Commonwealth Fund - a private foundation that aims to promote a high performing health care system that achieves better access, improved quality, and greater efficiency, particularly for society's most vulnerable, including low-income people, the uninsured, minority Americans, young children, and elderly adults.
Resources for Health Technology Assessment
- AHRQ National Resource Center for Health Information Technology - (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) Lead Federal agency charged with improving the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. AHRQ supports health services research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decision making. Site provides Information on programs that promote the use of health information technology. Central repository for research findings from projects developing, testing, and using health IT applications.
- DHHS Health iT Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) - Health information technology (Health IT) allows comprehensive management of medical information and its secure exchange between health care consumers and providers.
- HRSA Health Information Technology - Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Health Information Technology site promotes the widespread availability and use of digital networks to improve access to health care services for people who are uninsured, isolated or medically vulnerable.