UPDATE: The suspension of expiration dates on Arkansas Medical Marijuana cards will end September 30, 2020. If the expiration date that appears on your card is on or before September 30, 2020, your card will expire September 30, 2020. Please submit renewal applications by September 11th to allow time for processing.
Telemedicine will continue to be allowed until further notice.
Telehealth is currently being allowed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This means applicants for a medical marijuana registry card must still submit a complete written certification form from a physician licensed in Arkansas, a patient application, a copy of the applicant’s Arkansas driver’s license or ID and the $50 processing fee. Applications are currently being accepted online and through the mail. We not have a list of physicians offering certifications through telehealth. Applications can be submitted here.
Expiration dates for medical marijuana cards have been suspended until September 30, 2020. If your card shows an expiration date on or before September 30, 2020, your current card will allow you to purchase medical marijuana at your local dispensary through September 30, 2020. Renewal applications are being processed for individuals who wish to go ahead and renew their cards. To renew you will need an updated physician written certification, patient application, copy of your Arkansas driver’s license or ID and $50 processing fee. Applications can be submitted here.
|Approved Number of Medical Marijuana ID Cards||As of:|
|81,991||September 18, 2020|
Patient applications may take 10-14 days to process. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- The Arkansas Department of Health issues medical marijuana registry cards for qualified patients and caregivers.
- The Arkansas Alcohol and Beverage Control agency is responsible for licensure of medical marijuana dispensaries. To learn more about dispensary locations, click here.
- Apply online and when approved you may print your own card.
- Visiting patients must apply online. Click the APPLY.
- Registry ID card application fees are NON REFUNDABLE.
- Patient applications may take 10-14 days to process, incomplete applications will be returned.
|Type||Current Fee *fees may change*|
|Patient medical marijuana card application||$50.00 (nonrefundable)|
|Caregiver medical marijuana card application||$50.00 (nonrefundable)|
|Caregiver criminal background||$37 (nonrefundable)|
|Renewal of card||$50.00 (nonrefundable)|
|Visiting Patient||$50.00 (nonrefundable) 30-day card|
The Arkansas Department of Health is available to answer questions about your Arkansas Medical Marijuana ID card or about applications for a medical marijuana testing lab.
The Arkansas Department of Health is NOT able to provide information regarding:
- physicians who provide certifications
- your legal matters
- your personal decisions regarding your work and or traveling with medical marijuana
- information about other states and their medical marijuana programs
- information about your personal health and health care decision making
To learn more about dispensary locations, click here.
If you have questions about your medical condition and medical marijuana please consult your physician.
Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our office is closed on all published state holidays.
If you require assistance completing your application feel free to call us.
If you have questions about cultivation and dispensaries, please click here.
|Medical Marijuana||4815 W. Markham St., Slot 50
Little Rock, AR 72205
Toll Free 1-833-214-8619 or