Executive Orders 20-06 and 20-16 that temporarily allowed the use of telehealth for medical marijuana certifications during the COVID-19 pandemic will end on March 31, 2021.
Beginning April 1, 2021, physicians are once again prohibited from completing a written certificate to a patient based on an assessment performed through telemedicine. This is in compliance with Amendment 98 § 2.19.C.
|Number of Active Medical Marijuana ID Cards||As of:|
|78,754||July 17, 2021|
Patient applications may take 10-14 days to process. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- The Arkansas Department of Health issues medical marijuana registry cards for qualified patients and caregivers.
- The Arkansas Alcohol and Beverage Control agency is responsible for the licensure of medical marijuana dispensaries. To learn more about dispensary locations, click here.
- Apply online and when approved you may print your own card.
- Visiting patients must apply online. Click the APPLY.
- Registry ID card application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Patient applications may take 10-14 days to process, incomplete applications will be returned.
|Type||Current Fee *fees may change*|
|Patient medical marijuana card application||$50.00 (non-refundable)|
|Caregiver medical marijuana card application||$50.00 (non-refundable)|
|Caregiver criminal background||$37 (non-refundable)|
|Renewal of card||$50.00 (non-refundable)|
|Visiting Patient||$50.00 (nonrefundable) 30-day card|
The Arkansas Department of Health is available to answer questions about your Arkansas Medical Marijuana ID card or about applications for a medical marijuana testing lab.
The Arkansas Department of Health is NOT able to provide information regarding:
- physicians who provide certifications
- your legal matters
- your personal decisions regarding your work and or traveling with medical marijuana
- information about other states and their medical marijuana programs
- information about your personal health and health care decision making
To learn more about dispensary locations, click here.
If you have questions about your medical condition and medical marijuana please consult your physician.
Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our office is closed on all published state holidays.
If you require assistance completing your application feel free to call us.
If you have questions about cultivation and dispensaries, please click here.
|Medical Marijuana Rule|
|Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment 98, Sections 1-8 | Sections 9-26|
|Public Health Advisory on Human Use of Products Derived from Cannabis, Including Marijuana and Hemp|
|Medical Marijuana Annual Reports|
|Medical Marijuana||4815 W. Markham St., Slot 50
Little Rock, AR 72205
Toll-Free 1-833-214-8619 or