Designated Caregiver Requirements
In order to qualify for a designated caregiver registry card to legally purchase medical marijuana for a qualified patient, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- The individual you are providing care for must be physically disabled or a minor.
- Have not been convicted of an excluded felony offense.
- Be an Arkansas resident with proof of residency (AR Driver’s License or AR State ID card).
- State law prohibits members of Arkansas National Guard and United States Military from obtaining a registry ID card.
Note: Parents or legal guardians of a minor with a qualifying condition are not required to complete Criminal History Check. Parent or guardian will still register as a caregiver and pay the registry card application fee. **All fees are nonrefundable.
Not sure if you qualify to be a designated caregiver? How long will it take for your application to be processed and/or approved? Be sure to check out these Frequently Asked Questions prepared by the Arkansas Department of Health. You can also go to the State of Arkansas website for more information.
Criminal History Check
Pay a $37 fee.
Call Toll Free 1-833-214-8619 to request a Criminal History Review Application and finger print card.
Note: Parents or legal guardians of a qualified minor are not required to complete Criminal History Check. A Parent or guardian is required to register as a caregiver and pay the registry card application fee.
If you are mailing your application, please send to:
Arkansas Department of Health
Medical Marijuana Section
4815 West Markham Slot 50
Little Rock, AR 72205
Please note that online applications are preferred. If you wish to apply online, click here.
Forms can be downloaded here, or to request the forms to be mailed to you call 1-833-214-8619.