COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
Though the development of a COVID-19 vaccine has followed an accelerated timeline, safety has been the top priority.
Who is eligible to get the vaccine in Arkansas?
All Arkansans age 5 or older are now eligible to receive the vaccine.
How can I get the vaccine?
Eligible Arkansans can make an appointment at a community pharmacy. Vaccine clinics and events may also be available in your area through hospitals, health care providers, or your worksite. Click here for a list of clinics. For those who work in education, the district, facility, or college/university should determine how many doses are needed, and then reach out to an ADH Local Health Unit or a community pharmacy to schedule a vaccination clinic. Call 1-800-803-7847 for assistance finding a vaccine in your area or to sign up for an ADH clinic.
Arkansans who receive a COVID-19 vaccine following the effective date of May 26, 2021, are eligible to receive an incentive for getting vaccinated. To learn more about the incentives, click here.
When can I get a booster shot?
Q: Who is eligible to get a booster?
A: For individuals who received a Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, boosters are recommended for those who are 12 and older at least five months after receiving their primary series.
For individuals who received a Moderna vaccine, boosters are recommended for those who are 18 and older at least five months after receiving their primary series.
For those who are moderately or severely immunocompromised and received a Pfizer or Moderna primary series, an additional dose is recommended 28 days after their second dose. The booster dose should then be given five months after their additional (third) dose. Moderately or severely immunocompromised 5-11-year-olds should receive an additional primary dose of the Pfizer vaccine 28 days after their second shot.
For individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, booster shots are recommended for those who are 18 and older and were vaccinated at least two months ago.
Q: Will booster shots be the same formulation as existing vaccines?
A: Yes, COVID-19 booster shots are the same formulation as the current COVID-19 vaccines. However, in the case of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine booster shot, it is half the dose of the vaccine people get for their initial series.
Q: Can people mix and match vaccine brands for their booster shot?
A: Eligible individuals 18 and older may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose, regardless of the initial vaccine originally received. CDC’s recommendations now allow for this type of mix and match dosing for booster shots. Those ages 12-17 should only receive Pfizer for their booster, as it is the only one authorized for their age. If you have lost your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card or don’t have a copy, contact your vaccination provider directly to access your vaccination record. Additional information about your COVID-19 vaccine record can be found here.
- Latter Stage Strategy for COVID-19 Vaccinations
- ADH COVID-19 Vaccine Plan
- Vaccine plan in response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Pregnancy (flyer) | Spanish
- Health Equity Strike Team Vaccination Clinics
- How to Join the Fight Against COVID-19
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Patients
- Myths and Misconceptions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Patients | Spanish | Marshallese
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Patients | Spanish | Marshallese
- Vaccine Safety
- Vaccine Safety Print | Spanish | Marshallese
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
Resources for Health Care Workers
Pharmacies providing vaccine to health care workers in phase 1A
Resources for Providers
- Pfizer-BioNTech Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan
- Pfizer Medical Affairs Training
- COVID-19 Mass Clinic Submission Form
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement
- COVID-19 Immunization Consent Form
- COVID-19 Vaccine Program Enrollment Instructions
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers | Spanish
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers | Spanish
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker | Flyer