If you have media inquiries, please contact the Office of Health Communications at email@example.com.
« Go Back
Rock Region METRO Offering Free Transit Rides to Scheduled COVID-19 Vaccinations
NORTH LITTLE ROCK (March 8, 2021) — Rock Region METRO is offering free rides to COVID-19 vaccinations starting Monday, March 8 through May 31, 2021, with a possible program extension later if feasible.
“As more vaccinations become available, it’s critical to have Arkansans who seek a COVID-19 vaccination be able to get that vaccine with few to no barriers,” said Charles Frazier, Rock Region METRO chief executive officer. “The METRO team has been providing essential public transit service to the central Arkansas community before and during the pandemic, and we are happy to do what we can to remove transportation barriers and assist the state in its vaccination efforts.”
The free rides will be in effect for the trips riders are taking to and from scheduled COVID-19 vaccination appointments and will be provided on METRO fixed route bus service, METRO Links paratransit service and METRO Connect on-demand microtransit service. Riders may simply show their operators their appointment confirmation (an email or printed appointment paperwork is sufficient), and they will ride free on the day of their appointments.
This announcement comes as additional mass vaccination sites are being announced throughout the community, such as the COVID Vaccine Clinic at the Centre at University Park operated by the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in partnership with the City of Little Rock (6401 W. 12th St., Little Rock, served by METRO Route 3 Baptist Medical Center). Other locations offering COVID-19 vaccinations that are served by METRO include:
- Walmart Store #124, 8801 Baseline Rd., Little Rock: Served by Routes 22 University Ave./Mabelvale and 23 Baseline/Southwest
- Kroger, 8824 Geyer Springs Rd., Little Rock: Served by Route 22 University Ave./Mabelvale
- Express RX, 10100 Stagecoach Rd., Little Rock: Served by Route 23 Baseline/Southwest
- Baptist Health Little Rock, 9601 Baptist Health Dr., Little Rock: Served by Route 3 Baptist Medical Center
- Baptist Health North Little Rock, 3333 Springhill Dr., North Little Rock: Served by Route 10 McCain Mall
- City Pharmacy, 1801 Broadway, Little Rock: Served by Route 14 Rosedale
- Freiderica Pharmacy, 400 W. Capitol Ave., Suite 101A, Little Rock: Served by Routes 3 Baptist Medical Center, 13 UA – Pulaski Technical College and 14 Rosedale
- Medicine Man Pharmacy (2520 Main St., North Little Rock): Served by Route 10 McCain Mall
- Cornerstone Pharmacy Rose City (4307 E. Broadway St., North Little Rock): Served by Route 18 McAlmont
This list is not exhaustive; visit healthy.arkansas.gov for all central Arkansas vaccination locations and clinics. Find more information on METRO service at rrmetro.org under the Services tab; check for active service alerts, including ongoing COVID-19-response-related service alerts, at the top of the webpage and under the Service Alerts menu of the free METROtrack mobile app.
Currently, state-approved COVID-19 vaccination sites are open to all people in the state COVID-19 Vaccination Plan Phase 1A and 1-B: Arkansans.