Please note that the PowerPoint and video files on this page are large files and will take a few moments to load.
Oral Health and Head Start in Arkansas Produced by the Arkansas Department of Health and the Arkansas Head Start Collaboration Project with funding from the Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors
|Head Start in Arkansas - PowerPoint presentation on Head Start, its history, mission, eligibility and programs (with presenter’s notes)
|Oral Health in Head Start - PowerPoint presentation on Head Start Performance Standards relating to optimum oral health (with presenter’s notes)
|Dental Sealants Video: Purpose & Application - A 4 ½ minute video on dental sealants, their purpose and application - Requires Windows Media Player
|Oral Health Overview - PowerPoint presentation on general oral health, normal structures, common conditions, tooth eruption patterns, dental caries (tooth decay) and prevention, and oral trauma. Courtesy of Proctor and Gamble, Inc. (with presenter’s notes)
|Oral Hygiene - A short PowerPoint presentation on toothbrushing and flossing. Courtesy of Proctor and Gamble, Inc.
|Fluoridation - PowerPoint show on fluoridation, its history, benefits, safety, effectiveness and savings.
|PANDA (Prevent Abuse and Neglect through Dental Awareness) - A PowerPoint presentation on an international family violence prevention program involving dental and medical professionals, teachers, day care workers and anyone who cares about preventing abuse and neglect. (with presenter’s notes)
- Arkansas Head Start Association - Arkansas data and information and links to local Head Start programs
- Arkansas Department of Health, Office of Oral Health - information on water fluoridation, the Arkansas Oral Health Coalition, the Arkansas State Oral Health Plan, PANDA and FAQ’s on oral health
- Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors - information on state oral health programs, and Best Practices in oral health
- Arkansas Medicaid (AR Kids Parts A and B) - information on finding a Medicaid dentist, eligibility and EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment)
- American Dental Association - information on oral health, prevention, teaching materials, and the practice of dentistry
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association - information on the practice of dental hygiene and dental disease prevention
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Division of Oral Health - data on oral health, state programs, water fluoridation and other prevention modalities
- Head Start Bulletin #71- Head Start and Partners Forum on Oral Health 2002 - Topics such as causes of dental cavities, access to dental care for preschool children, dental prevention, the importance of good nutrition, and the implications of culture on oral health practices are covered in this issue of the bulletin.
- Head Start Oral Health Bibliography - Selected resources on oral health from organizations such as the American Dental Association and the National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health.
- Head Start Dental Health Curriculum - courtesy of Bay Mills Community College
- National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center - supports states and communities in addressing public oral health issues and improving oral health services for children and families. It maintains a list of resources.
- Support for improving access to oral health services in Head Start.
- Oral Health America - information on increasing public awareness of oral health's importance to total health