Traumatic Brain Injury: Overview | Collaboration | Reports and Documents
Several other organizations with active roles in the collaborative effort to enhance services to persons with brain injury in Arkansas are:
- Arkansas Legislative Taskforce on Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Injury Association of Arkansas
- Disability Rights Center of Arkansas
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute Center for Applied Research and Evaluation
The Arkansas Legislative Task Force on Traumatic Brain Injury was established in 2007 by Act 125 of the 86th Regular Session of the Arkansas General Assembly. The Task Force met from January – November of 2009 and conducted the following activities:
- Convened stakeholders from health care providers, the health care industry, business, the legislature and the public
- Studied the rates and severity of traumatic brain injury in Arkansas
- Projected the incidence of traumatic brain injury over the next ten years
- Developed a strategic statewide plan to ensure an appropriately prepared workforce to treat traumatic brain injury and provide for rehab services to the extent possible.
The findings were published in the final taskforce report released in November 2008.