The Arkansas Department of Health partners with healthcare providers in the medical community to perform surveillance
of TBD. The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) is an active participant in the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS)
. Developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), NEDSS is a system to improve the public health monitoring of diseases.
TBD is a disease of public health significance and is to be reported to the Arkansas Department of Health within 24 hours of diagnosis. Reports should include:
- The reporter’s name, location and phone number;
- The name and onset date of the disease;
- The patient’s name, address, phone number, age, sex and race;
- The attending physician's name, location and phone number;
- Any pertinent clinical, laboratory, and treatment information.
Report by Fax to 501-661-2428; 24 hr. answering machine 800-482-8888; in person to 501-661-2893.