The Radiation Control Section promotes the safe and effective use of ionizing radiation and the protection from unnecessary exposure through education and regulation of licensees, registrants, and the public.
The Section regulates the use and possession of accelerators, radioactive material and x-ray equipment in the State of Arkansas.
- Individuals administering ionizing radiation to humans are licensed by the Section’s Radiologic Technology Licensure Program.
- The use and possession of radioactive material is licensed by the Section’s Radioactive Material Program. Academic and Industrial Accelerators are also licensed by this Program.
- The use and possession of x-ray equipment is regulated by the Section’s X-ray & Mammography Program. This regulatory oversight is performed through registration and compliance inspection. Medical Accelerators are also licensed by this Program.
- Facilities performing mammography are accredited by the Section’s X-ray & Mammography Program.
- Radiological Incidents involving radioactive materials and/or Arkansas Nuclear One (ANO) events require on-site emergency response by a cadre of Radiation Control Section Health Physicists.
Annual fee invoices are mailed from the Department to licensees and registrants during the month of November for the next calendar year’s activities. A late fee equal to 10% of the applicable fee shall be charged for fees not received within 60 days of the invoiced due date. If you have not received your annual invoice by December 1, please contact the Radiation Control Section at (501) 661-2301 or the pertinent Program, as applicable
The Radiation Control Section is located at 5800 W. 10th Street, Suite 100, Little Rock, Arkansas, 72204, in the Freeway Medical Tower building.
Radiological emergencies should be reported to the ADH Emergency Communications Center at (501) 661-2136 or 1-800-633-1735. Emergencies occurring during normal business hours can also be reported to (501) 661-2301.
|Radiation Control||4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 30|
Little Rock, AR 72205