The Radiation Control Section promotes the safe and effective use of ionizing radiation and the protection from unnecessary exposure through education and regulation of licensees, registrants, and the public.
The Section regulates the use and possession of accelerators, radioactive material and x-ray equipment in the State of Arkansas.
- Individuals administering ionizing radiation to humans are licensed by the Section’s Radiologic Technology Licensure Program.
- The use and possession of radioactive material is licensed by the Section’s Radioactive Material Program. Academic and Industrial Accelerators are also licensed by this Program.
- The use and possession of x-ray equipment is regulated by the Section’s X-ray & Mammography Program. This regulatory oversight is performed through registration and compliance inspection. Medical Accelerators are also licensed by this Program.
- Facilities performing mammography are accredited by the Section’s X-ray & Mammography Program.
- Radiological Incidents involving radioactive materials and/or Arkansas Nuclear One (ANO) events require on-site emergency response by a cadre of Radiation Control Section Health Physicists.
Annual Billing for all Specific Radioactive Licenses will be mailed from the Department by November 18, 2011. Fees are due by December 31, 2011, to avoid late penalties. If you have not received your annual fee invoice by December 1, 2011, please contact Radiation Control at (501) 661-2173, or email@example.com.
Address correspondence to:
Arkansas Department of Health
4815 West Markham Street, Slot 30
Little Rock, AR 72205
or via fax (501) 661-2849.
|Radiation Control||5800 W. 10th Street, Suite 100|
Little Rock, AR 72204