Emergency Medical Services mission is to promulgate and enforce rules and regulations which foster and encourage the development of quality pre-hospital Emergency Medical Services for the citizens of the state.
Overview of EMS
- Licenses and inspects ambulance services for proper equipment, drug control, medical direction and protocols.
- Reviews curriculum materials and course outlines for training sites and continuing education units.
- Tests Emergency Medical Technicians' skills and knowledge using the National Registry written exam and the Arkansas Practical Skills examination.
- Investigates complaints.
- Provides technical assistance to hospitals, emergency medical technicians, local governments and others interested in emergency care.
- Involved in the development of a statewide Trauma System