Welcome to the Cosmetology Section web site. As a part of the Center for Health Protection, our purpose is to protect the public welfare by establishing, maintaining, and enforcing appropriate standards of competency and practice in the Cosmetology Profession. Statutory responsibility is to regulate the vocation of cosmetic therapy; develop and maintain a curriculum of study; develop and conduct examinations for registration and licensing of applicants; register and regulate the conduct and sanitation of cosmetology establishments and schools; adopt rules and regulations to carry out the provisions of the Cosmetology Code; and determine penalties for violation of the Code and regulations promulgated by the Department of Health.
Five Bills have been introduced during the 2013 Legislative Session with the potential to affect Cosmetology. The Bills are SB360, SB894, SB936, SB994 and SB1174. For a copy of each Bill and information regarding the status, click on the links below.
- Bill - SB360 - To re-create the State Board of Cosemtology;and to declare an emergency
- Update: SB360 is in interim study and has been withdrawn from consideration.
- Bill - SB894 - To amend Arkansas law concerning the right to engage in a lawful occupaton
- Bill - SB936 - To amend the law concerning licensing by the State Board of Cosmetology
- Bill - SB994 - To amend the law concerning the Cosmetology Technical Advisory Committee; to amend the law concerning the education requirements for certain licenses.
- Bill - SB1174 - To amend the law concerning the Cosmetology Technical Advisory Committee
- A draft amendment to SB1174 has been developed. The amendment will add language to define a school of cosmetology and a postsecondary school of cosmetology. The amendment will also require the Department of Health to promulgate Rules which set a curriculum distinguishing between secondary and postsecondary cosmetology education and to issue licenses distinguishing between secondary and postsecondary cosmetology education.
- Update: Amendment filed 3/25/13
We now accept credit cards.
|Cosmetology ||4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 8|
Little Rock, AR 72205