Five Bills were introduced during the 2013 Legislative Session with the potential to affect Cosmetology. The Bills are SB360, SB894, SB936, SB994 and SB1174. For a copy of each Bill and information regarding the status, click on the links below.
- Bill - SB360 - To re-create the State Board of Cosemtology;and to declare an emergency
- Update: SB360 is in interim study and has been withdrawn from consideration.
- Bill - SB894 - To amend Arkansas law concerning the right to engage in a lawful occupaton
- Bill - SB936 - To amend the law concerning licensing by the State Board of Cosmetology
- Bill - SB994 - To amend the law concerning the Cosmetology Technical Advisory Committee; to amend the law concerning the education requirements for certain licenses.
- Bill - SB1174 - To amend the law concerning the Cosmetology Technical Advisory Committee
- A draft amendment to SB1174 has been developed. The amendment will add language to define a school of cosmetology and a postsecondary school of cosmetology. The amendment will also require the Department of Health to promulgate Rules which set a curriculum distinguishing between secondary and postsecondary cosmetology education and to issue licenses distinguishing between secondary and postsecondary cosmetology education.
- Update: Amendment filed 3/25/13