As a part of the Environmental Health College Intern Program, participants have an opportunity to advance their strengths and interests, impact their own community, and take part in educational opportunities. This program allows participants to network with leaders, take part in personal and career development, and build transferable skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, customer service and effective communication while lending their talents to the Department.
- Interns can assist with special events and/or short-term projects
- Interns may offer new ideas and innovative approaches
- Interns are typically self-motivated. They’re eager to get experience!
- Mentoring provides some staff with an opportunity to develop supervisory skills
- An intern can be evaluated and trained for possible future employment with our agency
- Providing internships can be a cost-effective solution for short-term projects
- Our agency’s visibility on campus is increased when promoting internships