Hunting Safety Tips
Safety is the responsibility of all hunters. Firearms are useful tools but their impact on others can be underestimated. Common sense and a few guidelines go a long way toward making Arkansas’ outdoors safe for everyone.
- Be aware of your muzzle’s direction and be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
- Don’t rely on your gun’s safety. Treat all weapons as if they’re loaded and ready to fire.
- Never cross a fence, climb a tree or jump across a stream with a loaded gun.
- Never hoist a loaded firearm into a hunting stand.
- Never load or carry a loaded firearm until you are ready to use it. Unload firearms before carrying them in any vehicle, including ATVs.
- Abide by hunter orange requirements.
- Be absolutely certain of your target before you shoot.
- Know the range of your ammunition and carry only ammunition suited for your firearm.
- Keep guns and ammunition locked and stored separately.
- Tell someone of your travel plans before your hunt begins
For more informaton on Hunting Safety visit the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission's website.