Are you eligible?
BreastCare is a program for Arkansas womenfunded with federal and state funds. You may be able to get free cancerscreenings and/or diagnostic (follow up) tests if you:
- live in Arkansas
- are 21 to 64 years old and need cervical cancer services
- are 40 to 64 years old and need breast cancer services
- are under 40 years old with breast symptoms
- have a household income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level
- do not have health insurance (including Medicaid or Medicare) OR have insurance, need diagnostic tests AND meet criteria for financial barrier
Click here tofind out if you are eligible for BreastCare services.
How does BreastCare work?
Once enrolled, you will receive a BreastCare ID card along with complete information on the BreastCare program. Your BreastCare provider will schedule an appointment for your clinical breast exam and Pap test, if needed. After this visit, an appointment will be made for you to have a mammogram.
How do I enroll?
Click here to find a doctor or local health unit near you to enroll in BreastCare.
What services are available?
BreastCare offers no cost screening and diagnostic services for eligible women in Arkansas. Screening services include clinical breast exam, Pap test and mammogram. Services for follow-up on an abnormal mammogram, clinical breast exam or Pap test results are available.
Diagnosed with Cancer?
Patients diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer, CIN II or CIN III can contact the BreastCare Case Manager at 501-661-2513 to see if you are eligible for cancer treatment assistance.